Welcome to the eleventh episode of the Kards Podcast!
This week – it is just me, again, but the Early Access (Open Beta) is here so we are going to revisit our first episode with some tips and tricks for new players that will be entering the game!
Don’t worry vets, there are some card tweaks and tournament talk.
If you like our content and want to support it, get early access to the show, or enter into our giveaways head over to our Patreon Page!
We are giving away 5 packs of physical KARDS cards (5 cards per pack, 1 card per faction). 2 have been claimed, but there are 3 still available!
Ways to win
2 packs – If you are a $2-a-month Lieutenant back on Patreon you will automatically be entered in a drawing for a pack. Winner picked on April 15 and announced in the April 19 podcast.
Stream Packs Claimed! – Given out during streams. Monday nights at 6:30 p.m. Eastern Standard time.
1 pack – Content creation contest. Pick your favorite and write a short card breakdown about that card (no more than 500 words) or a 5-minute maximum video about the card and email that to email@example.com. Deadline is April 19 and the winner announced April 26.
Contact the Show
Ways to Listen
- Deploy Cost – Kredits needed to play a card
- Operation Cost – Kredits needed to move/attack with a unit
- Blitz – Can move/attack the same turn as it is played)
- Ambush – When this unit is attacked the first time each turn it deals damage first and if that damage is enough to destroy the enemy unit, it receives no damage in return.
- Heavy Armor X – This unit only receives damage over X
- Smokescreen – This unit can only be attacked after it first moves/attacks.
- Deployment – This unit does something when it is deployed.
- Guard – This unit protects adjacent targets from direct attacks (except for bombers and artillery)
- Fury – This unit can attack twice each turn
- Pinned – This unit cannot attack or move while it is pinned.
- Passive Abilities – Abilities that are stated on the unit itself.
- Units – 5 types (Artillery, Tanks, Infantry, Fighters, Bombers)
- Orders – Can be played on your turn
- Countermeasures – Must be activated and react to your opponent’s plays.